The Chinese Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development and the Danish Energy Agency signed the 2015 Work Programme on energy efficiency in buildings on 15 December 2014 in Beijing.
Energy efficient green buildings, district heating and green urbanisation are the main themes in the 2015 Work Programme, which was signed in Beijing on 15 December 2014 by Mr. Yang Rong, Director General of the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development and Mr. Morten Bæk, Director General of the Danish Energy Agency. The themes reflect the common interests shared in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Chinese Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development and the Danish Energy Agency in place since 2012.
The 2015 Work Programme includes concrete activities like:
- An energy efficient demonstration building project in Beijing.
- Exchange on regulation and enforcement on building standards and materials.
- Analysis of the cost of energy of an energy efficient building.
- Seminar and study tour on district heating.
- Workshop on Nordic Built principles in a city context and exchange on low carbon cities.
The signing of the 2015 Work Programme encourage activities which contribute to the common interest of sustainable development, energy efficiency and transition to low carbon economies within the framework of the MoU to be implemented during 2015.
Kamilla Kristensen Rai
Center for Global Rådgivning og Forhandling
Tlf.: 33 92 75 56