Press release -
Call for bids in the technology neutral tender scheme 2018
Today, the Danish Energy Agency has opened a tendering scheme concerning a price premium for onshore wind, solar PV and open-door offshore wind. The deadline for bids is November 26 2018.
On 26 September 2017 the Danish government and the Danish People’s Party agreed to let solar and wind energy compete in tendering rounds that will deliver the most value for money.
The budget for the technology neutral tenders in 2018-2019 is DKK 842 million in total, where DKK 254 million (2018-prices) are allocated to this first round in 2018, and the rest is expected to be tendered in the fall of 2019.
The total budget is expected to result in an equivalent to about 140 MW onshore wind. Because it is technology neutral tendering rounds it is not known up front which technology will be awarded price premium contracts. Bids must be given in Danish, but the tender material is also available in an English translation.
Please find more information about the tender scheme for wind and solar PV in 2018-2019.
The tender is the second of two tenders in the fall 2018. On September 13, the Danish Energy Agency called for bids in a tender for smaller solar PV installations.
Please find more information on the tender for solar PV with an installed capacity of less than 1 MW.
Facts on the tender:
- All tender material can be found at the tender portal
- Deadline for bids is November 26 2018
- There is a bid cap of 13,00 øre per kWh
- Projects cannot be connected to the grid in a consumer installation
- The tender is designed and approved by the European Commission according to the guidelines on state aid for environmental protection and energy 2014-2020
- There is a late bidding requirement, meaning that projects must be at a late development stage before participating in the tender
- Projects must be connected to the grid within two or four years after contract signing, depending on whether it is an onshore or solar PV installation or an open-door-offshore wind installation
- Read more about the technology neutral tender here: https://ens.dk/en/our-services/current-tenders/tender-scheme-wind-and-solar-pv-2018-2019
Sobia Waheed, tel. +45 3392 6636, e-mail: email@example.com
Emil Axelsen, tel. +45 3392 7701, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stine Roland Knudsen, tel. +45 3392 4945, e-mail: email@example.com
The work of the Danish Energy Agency involves matters relating to energy supply and consumption, as well as Danish efforts to reduce carbon emissions. The Agency is also responsible for Danish building policy and promotes more sustainable building with regard to energy consumption, use of materials and economic issues.
The Agency is responsible for the entire chain of tasks linked to energy production and supply, transportation and consumption, including energy efficiency and savings as well as Danish national CO2 targets and initiatives to limit emissions of greenhouse gasses. The Agency supports building-policy initiatives to increase the productivity and quality of building as well as the operation and maintenance of buildings, with focus on sustainable building. The Agency also collaborates with the building sector to establish a good framework for the industry.
The Danish Energy Agency was established in 1976, and is an agency under the Ministry of Climate, Energy and Building. The Agency employs about 360 persons.