The Danish Embassy in Pretoria is looking for a technical short-term advisor (level BL2, step IV) for capacity building in Eskom on network operations and control of distribution systems.
Main responsibilities and scope of work:
- Assess the suitability of present sub-transmission and distribution operating procedures and improve these procedures in order to develop an operational framework that efficiently integrates variable generation technologies at the distribution level
- Assess the suitability of current contingency plans and risk assessments in the distribution grid and remove barriers for integrating high levels of variable generation without compromising security of supply and safety issues
- Assess the suitability of SCADA systems including completeness and accuracy of data
- Assist with reviewing current grid codes and standards and provide input and support for updating and improving them to allow for the efficient integration of variable generation
- Assess and mitigate the operational risks associated with increased penetration of embedded generators connected at the distribution level
- Assess technical procedures for grid connection of renewable energy technologies and provide training and support for improving these procedures and removing barriers for renewables in existing grid connection procedures and practises.
- Provide on-the-job training to network operators and controllers in network operation techniques for distribution grids with variable generation.
Full job description can be found here.
For more information please contact the Embassy in Pretoria, Ms Maleepile Felicity Moseki / email@example.com, telephone +27 (72) 144 9210
Please send the application including CV, motivational letter, and documentation for education in pdf-format to the Embassy in Pretoria, Ms Maleepile Felicity Moseki e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications:
20 November 2015 at 23:59 pm. Only applications received in time and consisting of the mentioned listed documents will be considered.
- See more at: https://golf.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx/?cid=5001&departmentId=7264&ProjectId=91108&MediaId=5&SkipAdvertisement=false#sthash.IKQDaXis.dpuf
Center for Global Rådgivning og Forhandling
Tlf.: 33 92 66 96