The DEA has prequalified a total of seven companies and consortia to participate in the tender of Denmark's largest offshore wind farm Kriegers Flak, totaling 600 MW.
There will be great competition to build the largest wind farm in Denmark, which will be located at Kriegers Flak in the Baltic Sea (600 MW). Of the eight applications, the DEA received before the deadline October 1, the Agency has prequalified seven companies and consortia to bid on the project. One candidate has been rejected, as it did not meet the criteria set out in the contract notice.
“We have the highest number of prequalified tenderers ever in Danish wind history. I both hope and believe that the great competition for winning the Kriegers Flak tender will lead to the best possible price for the benefit of Danish electricity consumers”, says the Danish Minister for Energy, Utilities and Climate, Lars Christian Lilleholt.
The prequalified tenderers for Kriegers Flak are as follows:
- Kriegers Flak ApS (owned by Energie Baden Württemberg AG (EnBW AG)).
- Wpd HOFOR Stadtwerke München, Kriegers Flak SPV.
- European Energy Offshore Consortium (owned by European Energy A/S and Boralex Europe S.A.).
- A not yet established company by Vattenfall Vindkraft A/S.
- Kriegers Flak Offshore Wind I/S (a not yet established company by Statoil ASA and E.ON Wind Denmark AB).
- ScottishPower Renewable Energy Limited
- DONG Energy Wind Power A/S
”I am pleased that the DEA alongside with the decision today is opening the Danish market for several new players, who choose to invest in Denmark for the first time. This confirms that Denmark remains an attractive investment destination, when it comes to green investments”, concludes Lars Christian Lilleholt.
The DEA will implement the tender over the next year. The decision of the winner of the tender is expected to be published in December 2016.
- Kriegers Flak offshore wind farm will have a capacity of 600 MW and will supply approximately 600,000 households with electricity.
- The wind farm is expected to be in operation before the end of 2021.
- When the wind farm is fully operational, it will increase the share of electricity production based on wind power with seven percentage points, according to the DEA's baseline projections from 2014.